Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Botani Rescue Acne Cream Review


Botani Rescue Acne Cream
Claims: "an all-natural solution for the treatment of acne, blemishes and blackheads"
RRP: AUD26.95
Packaging: 4.5 out of 5
Review: I had to toss out my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment because it has started to smell and it has lost its efficacy. Instead of ordering another tube only, I wanted to get my hands on something that I could apply during the day to combat the pimples that have been popping up lately. After reading some very promising reviews on beautyheaven and a 20% off discount, I decided to give this product a shot.

I was impressed with it, initially anyway. It helped get rid of my pimples within a couple of days, with practically no burn marks left behind. I don't know if it has lost its effectiveness but lately, I've been struggling to get rid of pimples with it. Perhaps it's because I've been experiencing more aggressive acne of late. I find that I definitely still need the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion as the nighttime treatment to tackle the acne. I noticed that this product is amazing at removing the pimple if I catch it at the early stage, especially when they are the tiny, slower growing and non-painful types.



I love that this product contains natural ingredients. It's more gentle on the skin. Sure, you don't get rid of the acne as quickly but your skin recovers more quickly because you've maintained its integrity. As for packaging, I love that the jar is made out of glass but hate that it is heavy. To keep it uncontaminated, I use cotton tips to scoop some of the cream out before applying it to my skin. Because of the inconvenience and the environmentally unfriendly method of application, I've given it a 4.5 score for packaging.

The cream is green in colour but once you work it into the skin, it becomes transparent. It has a mild scent that I can only describe as herbal, which I don't mind. This little jar contains 30g of product. It may not look like a lot but it should last me a very long time. I've been using it for 2 months and I've only just used up 10% of the product. That's what I estimated anyway.

Overall, I'm on the fence about this product. I can't say that I'd be running to the shops to get another one once this jar is emptied. If you're looking for a "natural" option for acne treatment, then definitely consider this. If you're looking for something that is effective within a day, then give this a miss.


What are your favourite zit-zapping products? Do share! 

6 comments:

  1. looks like you have used it a lot! when ever i feel a zit coming on i use toothpaste! it really works for me but you can only use this as a preventive method!

    Multitasking Damsel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the review. I find with a lot of acne treatments, it starts to lose its effectiveness for me after awhile. And it's even harder for me to find a treatment for those really stubborn/cystic pimples.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, how is the result after you used Botani Acne Cream? Does it really works??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this Amazing blog over here, It is Very Informative and useful Acne Pimple Cream Fights comedogenic formation Fights against Acne causing microbes Enhances exfoliation and desquamation Opens up pores of the skin.

    ReplyDelete