Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Next Bobbi Brown Ambassador: Kate Upton

I was drawn to Kate because – not only is she incredibly beautiful – she is healthy, comfortable in her own skin, has such positive energy, and is a woman who creates her own rules. She loves life and that is Pretty Powerful.” - Bobbi Brown 

In case you didn't already know, I am a big fan of Bobbi Brown products. My first eyeshadow palette was from Bobbi Brown. I was pretty stoked when I found out that Kate Upton is set to be the next ambassador, second to Katie Holmes.



Known for gracing the covers of Sports Illustrated and clad in bikinis, Kate has an enviable body. My boyfriend and I were appalled when we heard the news sometime back that she was rejected by Victoria Secret to be an angel because apparently she's "too fat". It disgusts me that big brands like that still try to portray that "only skinny is beautiful". Now, I am happy for Kate for scoring this role. I think Bobbi Brown made a smart move. Whilst Katie Holmes remains a suitable ambassador, she is more appealing to slightly older women and speaks for the sophisticated side of the brand. Kate Upton, on the other hand, targets a younger audience and represents the sexy side of the brand. That's my opinion anyway.

Kate Upton and Bobbi Brown campaign images are expected to hit stores and counters in July 2014.


What do you think of this partnership? Are you a fan of Kate Upton?

3 comments:

  1. honestly i don't know kate upton that well but i do know her through the media and how they've really made her into a sex symbol. i'm sure bobbi brown would be an excellent project for her to work with to get her outside of people treating her as sex symbol and more of a woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree - I think Kate is a great ambassdor if Bobbi Brown is targeting a younger market segment. I think she really suits the brand. She has this healthy, glowing look about her, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete