Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Purple and Gold Party Eye Makeup Tutorial


Party season is here! It's time to bring out your stash of amazing false eyelashes and glitter pigment. Today, I'm going to show you how to do a simple yet stunning purple and gold eye makeup. The star product of this tutorial is the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Sticks in Paranoid Purple. 

Here are the steps: 


1. Prep your eyes with primer. Here I'm using Benefit's Stay Don't Stray Primer. I simple dot some product all over my eyelids and then blend it out when my ring finger. 



2. Apply Paranoid Purple all over your eye lid, staying below the crease and steering clear of the inner corners of your eyes. Blend it out a little with your ring finger. 



3. With an eye shadow brush, apply a deeper purple or brownish purple colour to the outer corners of your eyelids. I used Hustle from the Urban Decay Naked Palette.



4.  With a blending brush, work a neutral light brown colour into your crease. I used Naked from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. 



5. Swipe some Paranoid Purple onto your pencil brush and run the colour under your lower lash line. 


6. With an eyeshadow brush, pat some gold eyeshadow or pigment onto the inner corners of your eyes. I used Half Baked from the Urban Decay Naked Palette. 



7. Lastly, line your top lash line with long lasting black gel/liquid liner. Curl your lashes and apply lots of mascara 

8. This is optional. You can draw black liner on your top waterline and apply false eyelashes for an even more dramatic eye makeup look. 



I love purple and gold together. It's my favourite combination! 



I was partly inspired by the purple and gold top and necklace that I was wearing at the time. 



Please excuse the unruly brows!


Hope you found this helpful and enjoyed reading this post. I will be posting more tutorials using the Rimmel Scandaleyes Shadow Sticks soon. Keep an eye out! 


What's your go-to party eye makeup look?

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh this looks so beautiful, I LOVE it x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a pretty look thats so simple to create! I havent tried any of the Rimmel London Scandaleyes Eye Shadow Sticks but I really want to now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty! I like it, easy to do and the colors can be changed up! Wearable and lovely, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You skin looks flawless!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha! Check out the photographer dude in your pupil!

    ReplyDelete