Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Thursday, October 3, 2013

HG Search: Pimple Buster - Mario Badescu Drying Lotion



Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
Claims: "Excellent spot treatment made with a blend of Calamine and Salicylic Acid to clear up and soothe unsightly whiteheads overnight."
RRP: AUD26.95
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review: As much as I love my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo Acne Treatment, lately I've found that it does not get rid of my pimples as quickly as it used to. Besides that, the product contains benzoyl peroxide, which means it leaves a "burn" mark on my skin once the pimple is gone. I needed something more efficient, effective and causes minimal "side effects".

I'd known about the Drying Lotion for quite a while but I was reluctant to purchase it because there was so much hype around this product. I finally caved when Jen from frmheadtotoe on Youtube convinced me that this product is amazing. I am happy to announce that I've found the perfect pimple buster for my skin! Thank you Jen!

This is an overnight treatment. My pimples literally shrink to nothingness by the time I wake up the next morning. And if the pimple is still there, it's very tiny, no longer hurts or looks red. All I then have to do is apply my Effaclar Duo to get rid of what's left. The best part is it does not leave a burn mark on my skin.

I hope you can discern from the photo above that this product has two layers. There's some pink solid at the bottom and yellow liquid over it. To use it, all you have to do is dip your cotton tip vertically down. Make sure it picks up some of the pink stuff as well. Dab the product over your pimple/acne and then get a good nights rest. Seriously, it's almost like magic!

The only reason I said it's "almost" perfect is because it's not ideal for travelling. The bottle is made of glass so there's a chance of breakage and it's slightly heavier (though, I do prefer glass bottles over plastic ones). And if the two layers get mixed because the bottle has been lying on its side in your bag, you have to set it up right and let it resettle into two separate layers. It takes a while (we're talking about hours here) for the pink stuff to settle so you can't use it immediately.

I really love this stuff and I definitely will repurchase it once it runs out. Holy Grail search completed.


Have you ever tried this product before? What's your HG pimple buster? 


Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin'

3 comments:

  1. I need to just buy this! Everyone raves about it but I just haven't purchased it yet.


    Sarah | More Than Adored

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard about this from a lot of people , it sounds great, I like how its strong enough to get rid of the pimple but not too strong as to burn or leave a scar.

    ReplyDelete