Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Thursday, September 26, 2013

HG Search: Skin Care Trial #1 - Burt's Bees and Jurlique

Sorry for being MIA guys! My academic life has been hectic and it unfortunately still is. I promise this does not mean that I'll be posting less frequently. I will do my best to schedule posts. I will be uploading my Keira Knightley Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial tonight and then have it live on Saturday for your viewing pleasure.

I've trialled the following products for more than a month. I'm in search of my Holy Grail skin care routine. So I'll be reviewing more skin care products during my journey. Anyway, let's jump straight into this review!




Burt's Bees Radiance Facial Cleanser 
Claims: "contains jojoba beads to gently exfoliate the skin for a natural healthy glow. Encourages normal skin cell turnover leaving skin soft and brighter with added radiance."
RRP: AUD24.95
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review:  This is a very light and gentle. It's ineffective at removing makeup. This is more for those who like it natural and organic. I have no issues with it except it's too gentle for my liking. I need something stronger to really clean out my pores. I do like that you can twist the pump to lock and unlock so it's excellent for travelling. The product is quite runny and the jojoba beads are quite scanty. Perhaps that's a good thing because it's not meant to be a scrub. It's a gentle cleanser after all. This product unfortunately, has not made any difference to my skin. Definitely no added radiance noticed.



Burt's Bees Radiance Toner 
Claims: "contains a blend of cleansing and softening ingredients to gently purify and tone the skin. Removes lingering traces of cleanser and any trapped dirt, oil and make-up leaving skin feeling fresh and radiant."
RRP: AUD24.95
Packaging: 4 out of 5
Review: Like its matching cleanser, this toner is very gentle. I feel it has not made any difference to my skin either. The packaging isn't as great as the cleanser. The product leaks whenever I put it in a makeup bag and travel with it. I will not be "repurchasing" this duo. Thank goodness, they came free. It was from the Blogstar 2012 prize pack that I won. Otherwise, I would have felt like I wasted my money.



Jurlique Balancing Day Care Cream 
Claims: "lightweight, moisturising cream formulated to help minimise the visible signs of ageing. smooth, silky and easily absorbed into the skin."
RRP: AUD50/AUD87 for 40mL/125mL
Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review: This is a thick moisturiser. If you're thinking of buying/using this product, I strongly suggest you press the product onto your skin rather than spreading it over your face like a standard moisturiser. Otherwise, you'd end up dragging your skin and create wrinkles. This cream protects my face from drying out. However, it does not infuse any extra moisture that I crave. My skin was just okay. I want a moisturiser than makes my skin extra smooth and soft.

I cannot tell you if this product has actually been protecting my skin from environmental damage. I haven't noticed any difference in my skin. Maybe I have not been using it long enough but at my age, I'd have to stick to this product for another 20 years before I can safely announce its efficacy in minimising signs of ageing. This is also another product that I got for free (it was a gift with purchase). I've stopped using this cream as a moisturiser for my face. Recently, I've been using it as a hand cream and I must admit that my dry hands love it! Too bad it's pricey so it won't be sustainable for me and my bank account to keep using this product as a hand cream.


Do you have any Holy Grail Skin Care products? Please do share!

Follow me on Facebook
Follow me on Bloglovin'

3 comments:

  1. I dont think I've found my holy grail skincare products, It's quite hard to choose just a few as skin changes all the time depending on the weather/seasons so my skincare routine is always changing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must be lucky then. My skin stays more or less the same throughout the year. Maybe it's 'cause I live somewhere where the weather does not change too much. :)

      Delete
  2. Great review! I've tried a few BB anti blemish products as a young teenager, they sound great though!

    ReplyDelete