Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Wicked Wednesday: So is This Goodbye?

healthyplace.com
Maybe it's time to admit that I can't keep a blog. A proper one anyway. I may not be juggling as many things as others do but I am not as diligent as some are. I'd rather read a novel or watch an episode of Gossip Girl than blog. Now that I am out of creative juice, it has become a chore, instead of a joy, having to churn out two posts a week. Yes, I did sign myself up for it. Now, I am considering pulling out.

I can't complain though. It has been a really good run. I've dipped my toe into the pool of beauty blogging and found it quite a delight. I wish I can confidently say that I will continue with this side career of mine for the next few years. Unfortunately, with the kind of commitments I am expected to make next year (mentally, physically and emotionally), I don't think I can carry on with this beloved blog.

I'd like to think that I've improved when it comes to my blogging skills. I'd like to think that hundreds have enjoyed reading my posts. But one thing is for sure, I've received a lot of support and kindness from you, my readers. Thank you for all the wonderful comments you have left me. Thank you for all the helpful feedback you have give me. And most importantly, thank you for reading and following my blog.

When the time comes for me to shut this blog down permanently, I will let you know. For now, my posts will become more scarce as I work things out, both in my head and in my heart. Hope you've had a lovely Christmas and I wish you a very Happy New Year.

What do you think? Should I keep this blog or chuck it?


3 comments:

  1. There are no rules about how frequently you have to blog.

    Sometimes I get enthusiastic and have a run of blog posts that are posted daily. Then I run out of enthusiasm and stop just as abruptly as I started.

    Occasionally I'll throw up the odd post just to say that I'm still alive and say where I'm up to, but when I'm struggling to keep up with work and/or struggling with depression (both of which happen altogether too often), it can be months between posts.

    In spite of that, I don't think that I've ever seriously considered shutting down my blog, and I don't think that you should either. If it's a while between posts, you might lose a few followers, but the old posts will continue to turn up in web searches, so new people will continue to find your blog even without new posts. Some of those people will follow you, and thanks to automatic feeds such as RSS and blogger's home page, when you do post again, it will show up in your followers' feeds just the same as if you posted daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should keep the blog! I really enjoy reading it and I think that if you keep it on the side, if you ever get some inspiration, you could do a post here and there.

    For me, I tend to do posts once a week or once a fortnight.. Sometimes if I'm on a roll, I'll write a few posts and save some for those days when I want to post something but don't have the energy to take and edit photos and write a post... You should definitely keep the blog and just blog less frequently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you dont have time to blog just cut back how often you write a post. there arent any rules on how often you need to write a post.

    ReplyDelete