Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Triple S: Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color Review + Swatches

I've been excited about these matte lipsticks since an MUA from Bobbi Brown told me about them. That was back in July. It was a long wait but it was well worth it! I received these lipsticks last month when they were released and have been loving them!





Bobbi Brown Creamy Matte Lip Color  
Claims: Highly pigmented formula that provides intense moisturisation on the lips due to soft waxes and emollients. It is designed to slightly soften with the warmth of the lips and forms a film to provide up to eight hours wear.
RRP: AUD$44

Packaging: 5 out of 5
Review: I'm really sorry ladies but I will be doing a lot of raving in this review! I will do my best to be concise. First off, these lipsticks are very creamy. It glides on with very little resistance but at the same time, it lays down a lot of product. It is highly pigmented and so usually I swipe it across my lips only once. It truly is long lasting. I went out to dinner with my friends wearing this lipstick in True Pink. Even though some came off as I ate, when I checked my lips after the meal, most of it was still intact. It stayed on all night. With my other lipsticks, most of it comes off when I eat, leaving only a rim of colour around my mouth afterwards. 

The packaging is simply luxurious. Although it may not seem obvious in these photos but these lipsticks come in very high quality plastic tubes. The packaging is what I would like to describe as an "all-rounder". It looks simple enough to be an everyday item. At the same time it can be glamorous or elegant. You can pull this lipstick out from any kind of bag in any type of event! The only downside that I can think of is that it feels heavier than other (drugstore/pharmacy) lipsticks. However, once you have it in your bag, you will not notice the weight at all. That is if you're not carrying around 20 of those... Anyway, I can't wait to get more of these gems; I am already eyeing the colour in Pink Lily!




Now on with the swatches! 

Natural light


In the shade




 Below we have Calypso on my lips. I can only describe it as a very fun orangey-pink. I think this would look even more amazing with a bit of gold lipgloss/eyeshadow dabbed onto the centre of the lips.






 Here we have True Pink on my lips. I'd like to think that it's a very neutral pink. It's not too dark or too light. It may have a teeny tiny bit of mauve in it. 



This is the only (relatively) close-up shot of me with True Pink on my lips at the dinner with my friends. Can you tell?



 What's your favourite matte lipstick? Have you tried Bobbi Brown's? 

Please remember that although these lipsticks were sent to me, these opinions are 100% my own! It does not matter whether I receive a product from a company or bought it myself, if I love the product I will rave about it. If I don't, I usually don't bother writing a review on it unless I deem it necessary. This is to clear up any confusion.

5 comments:

  1. Oh good choices! I love calipso most :) I must check these out...they almost sound too good to be true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely shades and very pigmented... its bobby brown afterall..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't used matte lipsticks before because they're generally too drying for my lips but Calypso is such a pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell just from the arm swatches that these are incredibly creamy, I'd love to try them out. Calypso is such a gorgeous colour!

    makeupandmockmeat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG..girl m in love with these colours.. they are lovely..
    and off source you two are too :)

    ReplyDelete