Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Wicked Wednesday: Bobbi Brown and Burberry in a Park

I’ve been busy with an exam and assessments so I apologise for my tardiness with today's post. This isn't exactly the most informative or interesting post either and again, I apologise. I promise you I have really good posts lined up for the near future. So please bear with me for now. 


I recently got my hands on a pair of Burberry frames and I have to say that I am in love with them! No, I don’t need glasses but they have become a fashion statement these days. Having said that, I think this provides me with the opportunity to experiment with makeup for glasses. I hope that one day I will be able to post up a makeup tutorial for spectacle wearers. 



Aren't they beautiful?

I have yet to take a photo of myself wearing these glasses yet because I have two massive ugly pimples on my face at the moment. I will upload one once my pimples have cleared. 

 A couple of weeks ago, I had this epiphany for a makeup tutorial (keep your eyes peeled!). I approached Bobbi Brown and requested for one of their products. They were very kind and generous in providing it to me for free. It is a Long Wear Eye Pencil in Black Navy. I thought it’d be nice to give a quick first impression rundown on the product. 



I’m sure I’ve drummed it into your heads by now (for those of you who are regular readers of my blog content). I love Bobbi Brown products. I was really excited to receive it. It brightened my horrible week up a little. 



I really liked how the eyeliner came with a sharpener. For first time pencil eyeliner buyers, this would be very handy. Plus, it means more bang for your buck. According to the product information, this is the pencil version of Bobbi Brown's much loved Long Wear Gel Eyeliner




It's a gorgeous dark blue and here's a swatch of it. 

With direct sunlight

In the shade
After I swatched the eyeliner, I waited a couple of minutes to let it set. Then, I swiped my finger across it to see that if it would budge. I'm happy to report that it stays relatively well. You can see that it has smeared slightly but that is expected of most pencil eyeliners. So you don't have to worry too much if you accidentally rub your eyes (like I sometimes do) when you're wearing this eyeliner. It won't be too big a disaster. 


I know that my blog seems to be chock full of materialism. Please allow me to take a moment to balance some of my narcissism out with the following photo. 


My boyfriend and I had a small picnic in the park today. Hence, the tartan blanket you see in the photos. It was such a lovely day. We were seeing nature at its best. Quality time with him still trumps receiving an awesome beauty product from Bobbi Brown. As the saying goes, "the best things in life are free."

4 comments:

  1. Those glasses are gorgeous! Great buy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a nice eye pencil! I have one in a similar colour by NARS, but I'll keep this one in mind too :)

    Pop by and visit my blog Taken By Surprise! xx

    ReplyDelete