Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Triple S: Pop Out!

I was making a birthday card for a friend when I thought of a neat little trick. I wanted to make one of the accents "pop out" and I didn't have any sponges or styrofoams around. Also, it's a pain to stack little bits of cardboard to achieve the same effect.



An epiphany struck me. Remember I bought a bag or assorted buttons for really cheap? Some of them have defects on them. I'm really glad I didn't throw them out because they proved to be useful in this case.



I glued the button to the base and then glued the accent onto the top of it. I used PVA glue, which less messy and just as firm as UHU glue.


Ta-da! There you have it. A 3D/pop out accent. You no longer need to run out to buy sponges or styrofoam. Plus, we're saving the environment by using these defective/unwanted buttons!

Do share any crafty tricks that you have!

1 comment:

  1. or you could always fold one of those zig-zaggy thing with strips of papers and then stick it on :) but yea.. time consuming haha :D
    I miss scrapbooking :(
    -nop

    ReplyDelete