Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wicked Wednesday: Whoops! Too Much Liner?

I finally bought myself an angled eyeliner brush (ecoTools) and a lash/brow brush (manicare). I've only ever used a slightly rounded eyeliner brush by Bobbi Brown and I have to say that it's hard to do the cat eye with it.  Don't get me wrong, it's a good quality brush and I love it. So I tested out ecoTools' angled eyeliner brush, by wearing a cat eye look to work.


 My colleague said she liked what I did with my eye makeup but I'm not so sure about my customers. They were probably cringing inside at the sight of me. I think I over did it. It didn't help that I was wearing a strong eye colour: Smog from Urban Decay's Naked Palette.


It's uneven, I know. I still need more practice! But I did have fun trying to achieve this look. I probably should have saved it for a night out instead of wearing it for work! Oh well, I just hope that my good customer service made up for it.



I have to say that I'm quite impressed with ecoTools. Not only is the brush affordable, it's of good quality too. It's feels soft to the touch but it's stiff enough to create some nifty eyeliner looks. The manicare's lash brush is alright. It separates my "mascara-ed" lashes but not as much as I want it to. I guess I still haven't quite gotten the hang of it.

I hope you enjoyed this post! Do you wear the cat eye to work? Do you think it's appropriate for work? Comment below and share your thoughts!


4 comments:

  1. I think you did a great job! Well done, and I wouldn't have cringed at all if I was your customer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @The Made Up Maiden: Awww, thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the liner, it looks great...definitely not too much :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @sophistifunk: Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete