Raving about makeup, skincare, hair and other little obsessions... A Beauty Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Last Song

I just finished reading The Last Song. I've been wanting to read a Nicholas Sparks books for a very long time, since Myra recommended them to me and since watching The Notebook and A Walk To Remember. I finally went to the library and borrowed the book, not because I watched the movie and love Miley Cyrus, but because I heard that it's a good story.

Image source: fanpop.com

It's a known fact that Nicholas Sparks' novels make people weep. I was sure I wasn't going to cry because I was armed with the knowledge that someone always dies in his novels. It's like Shakespeare, except in Shakespeare's case everyone dies. Anyway, back to the main point. Boy, was I wrong. Even with foresight, I was taken by surprise and the tears came without warning. The ending wasn't what I expected, which is good, for I hate predictable stories. It's not a gripping novel but it's definitely touching and a page-turner.

My version of a non-spoiler blurb:

City girl, Ronnie, has to spend summer with her dad in a sleepy small town. A series of events leads to Ronnie changing her attitude, behaviour and beliefs. She never thought that a small town like Wilmington would be so full of life and drama. Within a span of a few months, she experienced hatred, anger, happiness, sadness, betrayal, regret and love. It was the best and worst summer of her life. A summer that she would never forget.

I know that's probably a really dumb blurb and can be applied to a dozen similar novels but I don't want to ruin any surprises. I never read blurbs, they just kill the story for me. It's better if you read it and find out!

Suitable for ages 13 and above (in my opinion).

Song for the post. Link

No comments:

Post a Comment